It is my goal at Suzuki Speech Therapy to providing thoughtful, high-quality speech and language services to my clients. In order to meet this goal, please adhere to the following policy:
Policy on Your Appointment
- Please let me know as soon as possible if it is necessary to cancel or re-schedule your session. I maintain full schedules so your advance notice enables me to offer the available appointment time to another client who has been on the waiting list for some time.
- All cancellations made before 8:00 AM (JST) on the day of the appointment have no fee. Please notify me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations made after 8:00 AM (JST) on the day of the appointment, or missed appointment without notification (no show) are subject to the full appointment fee.
- The cancelled session can be rescheduled whenever possible within the same month with no extra charge.
- I understand that there are times when you must miss an appointment due to illness or emergencies. Please let me know as soon as possible. Emergencies will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- I understand that unexpected things happen. However, I have a schedule for the day and need to stick to it in order to see everyone else on time. Unfortunately, I cannot provide extra time beyond your scheduled appointment session if you are late.
- If I am ever late, however, your time will be made up at the same session, if possible, or at a later time.
Extended Leave Policy
- If you apply for extended leave for more than one month (up to three months) and would like to secure your current slot, please pay 50% of the fee for therapy services. No payment needs to be made if you do not wish to secure your slot during the period of absence.
Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
Purposes of Use of Personal Data
Acquired personal data shall be used for the following purposes as needed.
- Providing services
- Communication with family and guardians involved in your child’s care
- Request for and settling payments
- Collaboration with other related personnel
- Participation in a qualifying research project
- As required by public authorities or law
Safe Keeping of Personal Data
Suzuki Speech Therapy will strictly keep personal data secure from unauthorized use, loss, destruction, falsification
Provision of Personal Data to a Third Party
Suzuki Speech Therapy will not provide personal data to a third party without the consent of the data subject unless any of the exceptions defined in Paragraphs 1 through 4 of Article 23 of the Privacy Law applies.
Disclosure and Correction of Personal Data
You have the rights to disclose, amend, and request restrictions or removal regarding personal information about you/your child. Requests must be made in writing.